“Can I uninstall Alfred?”, “How can I uninstall Alfred completely?”, “It is all done to drag the Alfred icon to the trash if I wanna uninstall it?”… When you search for the answer of these questions, you may find this post, which provides you instructions to remove Alfred in details. You can learn the regular method to have your Alfred uninstalled manually, or get it removed automatically through a third party uninstaller.
Available Ways to uninstall Alfred from Mac manually
Mac users always have many applications installed on his Mac, such as Alfred, the powerful image editing application. Yet few may know how to uninstall it completely on his own. Actually, to uninstall Alfred entirely from Mac, you can check whether you have followed all the right uninstall steps. Check if you can find the icon of Alfred on the DOCK , when it does exist, try to proceed it and see the result, and then search for the related files of it on Mac. Generally, to uninstall applications manually, you can use different methods.
Details to uninstall Packaged applications
Packaged applications are easy to achieve complete removal because all the associated files and folders are included in the same file, and you can drag the icon of it to the trash without hesitation to reach your goal without hesitation. Here are the details you need to cover.
- Step 1: Right click the icon of the application and then click “Show Package Contents” to make sure whether it is a packaged application or not.
- Step2: When you are sure that the application you wanna remove is a packaged one, hold the icon and drag it to the Trash.
- Step3: Head to the Trash, make a single click on the Trash icon and then press keyboard shortcuts Shift+Del, or alternatively, right click the trash icon and select “Secure Empty Trash”, and then choose “Empty Trash” on the confirmation pop-up box.
To uninstall Packaged applications, you may just need to go through three steps. Yet when it comes to uninstalling applications which are not packaged ones, such as Alfred, in order to uninstall Alfred, you may need to adopt other solution.
Instructions to uninstall Alfred manually
It may be an easy job to drag the Alfred icon to the trash to finish it removal, but might be difficult to get rid of all it leftovers, which may take up much disk space of your Mac, leading to a slowdown of operating. Therefore, the final target to uninstall Alfred is to have a entire removal of the application itself as well as the leftovers. Before you proceed your uninstall, you need to end the process of Alfred with your Activity Monitor, and then continue your removal. So, the instructions to uninstall Alfred there we goes!
- Step 1: quit the process of Alfred. Launch your Activity Monitor, change the filter into “All process”, find out Alfred and click on it, and then click “Quit Process”.
Sometimes, the process of Alfred can be frozen, if so, you could press Command+Option+Esc to enter the Activity Monitor interface, click the Alfred icon, click “Force Quit” and then make confirmation in the pup-up dialogue box to end the main process of Alfred.
- Step 2: look for Alfred under the Applications menu in Finder, click and hold the icon and then drag it to the Trash.
- Step 3: Go back to Finder and head to the Go menu,click on Go, and then key pressing the Option Key after you see the pull-down list and then select Library in the pull-down list.
- Step 4: search for three folders under Library, and then move all files in the folders to the Trash respectively. Specifically, search out the folders /Library/Applications Support/, /Library/Preferences/, and the folder /Library/Caches/, delete all files in these folders respectively.
- In details, this step contains three minor steps. Set one of the minor steps as an example, you need to search for the /Library/Application Support/, open it and move all the files in it to the Trash by right clicking and then “Move to Trash”, when the job was finished, you need to go back to perform the similar work to trash other files stored in the /Library/Preferences/ and the /Library/Caches/ folders respectively.
- Step 5：Empty Trash, the last step to uninstall Alfred manually. Right click on the Trash icon and then select “Secure Empty Trash”. You can proceed this function on the condition that you won’t want Alfred any more and make sure that there are no mistakenly-deleted files.
Recommended way to uninstall Alfred automatically
By contrast, you might prefer to uninstall Alfred automatically for this method will save you lots of time. In deed, you can remove Alfred automatically with the help of an uninstaller. With the smart tool installed on your Mac, you can easily have your Alfred uninstalled without leaving leftovers by a few clicks.
- Step 1: Proceed your remover. Same as other applications on your Mac, you can launch it by double click the icon in your Finder or right click it and then click “open”.
- Step 2: Select Alfred by highlighting the icon with a single click, and then click “Run Analysis”.
- Step 3: In this step , you can see there are many files and folders ticked for you after your proceeding step 2. All ticked files and folders are those leftovers you need to remove. You can just click “Complete Uninstall” to finish your work to uninstall Alfred from Mac for good.
Did you see how easy it is to uninstall Alfred with an uninstaller in hand? Which method do you prefer to adopt to have a complete uninstall of Alfred? You might have your own answer. Personally, the way to remove Alfred with an uninstaller is strongly recommended to you. You can perform complete removal of any other application on your Mac without costing you too much time, offering clean disk space for your Mac. Eventually, you are welcomed to ask or leave your puzzles in Mac uninstall here. Thank you for reading.