Dear friends, you might be led to this post when you need to remove Virtual DJ from your Mac. Welcome here first! This passage will show you available ways to remove Virtual DJ completely. Mainly divided into two parts, you may get access to the instructions of how to remove Virtual DJ manually and also automatically. If it is OK with you to read all the text here, you can take your time and follow the steps to finish your removal. If you are on a rush, you can skip all these passages and get a smart tool to help you out. Now let’s begin your trip to uninstall Virtual DJ.
Part1: Remove Virtual DJ in a manual way
Regular way for application removal is more or less needed for Mac users. Through this conventional uninstall method, you will gain some basic knowledge of Mac such as caches, bundles and so on. Well, let’s get down to the earth now.
When you type your question of how to remove Virtual DJ on Mac, you might find some short and simple answer on the web-page. Many warm-hearted cyber-citizen may offer you a solution as bellows:
- Open Finder on your Mac and find Virtual DJ
- Drag the icon of Virtual DJ to the Trash or single click on the icon of Virtual DJ and choose “Move to Trash”
- Right click Trash on your DOCK and then click “Secure Empty Trash”
Excited as you, you will happily follow this solution thinking that it is so easy to achieve. Actually not. For Mac uninstall, what you need to remove is not only the icon you see on your DOCK or in Finder, but also other associated files and folders. Of cause, when the would-be removed application is a bundle, you can uninstall it by just dragging the icon to the Trash. Such kind of applications usually store all additional files in one folder, thus you just need to delete the icon to achieve your goal. The thing is, how can you figure out whether an application is a bundle or not? Simple! Right click the icon and click “Show Package and Content” (seeing picture as below)
Except for bundles, you have to do detective work to find out all related files and folders, which are usually shown no traces in Finder, about Virtual DJ. These hidden files seems small and take up little space on Mac, but in fact, their existence will slow down your Mac. With limited space for operation, you will find your Mac unfriendly. So to have a better feeling and get better service from your Mac, you need to find out all these files and folders /Library/Preferences/ and /Library/ System/Support/. All in all, you can remove Virtual DJ manually by following these steps:
- Step1: Find out Virtual DJ in Finder
- Step2: Delete the main files of Virtual DJ by a single click and then choose “Move to Trash”
- Step3: On the window of Finder, click Go menu, press Option key when you see the pull-down list under Go menu,and then choose “Library” in the hold-down list.
- Step 4: Search for folders named /Library/ System/ Support/,/Library/Caches/ and the /Library/ Preferences/ folder under Library,select all files related to Virtual DJ, right click your mouse and then choose “Move to Trash”. Notice that you have to find out the folders and delete all files in each folder respectively.
- Step 5：Right click the icon of Trash, select “Secure Empty Trash”, and then make confirmation in the pop-up dialogue box.
When you go through all these three steps, some may think that you have successfully remove Virtual DJ on your Mac and be happy with the result. However, there are also accidents happen to some of you. Some people said that he could not uninstall Virtual DJ or even could not delete the icon of Virtual DJ by dragging the icon to the Trash. Or Mac always shows that you don’t have the permission to delete the application. For fear that there will be much more problems occurring, manual removal of Virtual DJ is not recommended to you.
Part 2: Recommended solution to remove Virtual DJ on Mac
As it has been pointed out that problems or “side-effect” may arise when uninstalling Virtual DJ manually, it is strongly recommended to get successful uninstall with a third party uninstaller—MacRemover. Besides manual removal is a time-consuming job, thus when there is a quick and safe way to remove Virtual DJ effortlessly, why not have a try?
To obtain this recommended method, you have to get your own MacRemover. After the installation of your new tool, you can remove Virtual DJ with simple clicks in a few minutes.
- Step 1: Launch your remover in Finder or on your DOCK
- Step 2: Highlight the icon of Virtual DJ with a single click on it and then click “Run Analysis”
- Step 3: Wait for the result in a few seconds and the remover will scan out all relevant files, plug-ins and files for you automatically after you proceeded the second step, then you just need to move your fingers and click “Complete Uninstall” and then choose “Yes” in the pop-up window.
Compared with the traditional way to remove Virtual DJ, removing with a smart uninstaller is a time-saving solution, which also provides safer way of removal for Mac. No matter you are a newbie Mac user or a geek on Mac, it is batter for you to adopt the latter one to get successful uninstall.