This removal guide is for the latest version of WhatsApp for Mac. To completely remove WhatsApp, we have done much technical analysis on it. If you want to remove WhatsApp manually, you need to know the following installation information.
1> Information of WhatsApp installer:
- Format: Zip
- Size: 54.2 MB
The following is the information about files, folders and processes after WhatsApp is installed. With this information in hand we can now manually uninstall WhatsApp completely.
2> Basic information of the app:
- Size: 135 MB
3> Add-on software:
- WhatsApp Helper EH.app
- WhatsApp Helper NP.app
- WhatsApp Helper.app
4> Process information:
- 4.1 Main process:
- 4.2 Associated process:
- WhatsApp Helper
- Electron Framework.framework
Simply dragging WhatsApp to Trash cannot uninstall it completely to free disk space on Mac OS but leave a lot of remnant files.
How to manually remove WhatsApp completely?
- 8.1> Start Activity Monitor. Select the process name “WhatsApp” and hit the “Force Quit” button.
- 8.2> Open Applications folder. Find “WhatsApp” and drag it to Trash.
- 8.3> Open Finder or Spotlight. Search for WhatsApp files and folders and delete them.
How to automaticlly remove WhatsApp ?
- 9.1> Install and Start MacRemover
- 9.2> Launch the MacRemover, highlight the icon of WhatsApp and then click “Run Analysis”, which will scan out all the traces of the unwanted application automatically.
- 9.3> Click on the “Complete Uninstall” button and then choose “YES” to confirm your operation.