This removal guide is for the latest version of Box Sync for Mac. To completely remove Box Sync, we have done much technical analysis on it. If you want to remove Box Sync manually, you need to know the following installation information.
1> Information of Box Sync installer:
- Format: DMG
- Size: 14 MB
The following is the information about files, folders and processes after Box Sync is installed. With this information in hand we can now manually uninstall Box Sync completely.
2> Basic information of the app:
- Size: 26 MB
3> Add-on software:
4> Process information:
- 4.1 Main process:
- Box Sync
- 4.2 Associated process:
Simply dragging Box Sync to Trash cannot uninstall it completely to free disk space on Mac OS but leave a lot of remnant files.
How to manually remove Box Sync completely?
- 8.1> Start Activity Monitor. Select the process name “Box Sync” and hit the “Force Quit” button.
- 8.2> Open Applications folder. Find “Box Sync” and drag it to Trash.
- 8.3> Open Finder or Spotlight. Search for Box Sync files and folders and delete them.
How to automaticlly remove Box Sync ?
- 9.1> Install and Start MacRemover
- 9.2> Launch the MacRemover, highlight the icon of Box Sync and then click “Run Analysis”, which will scan out all the traces of the unwanted application automatically.
- 9.3> Click on the “Complete Uninstall” button and then choose “YES” to confirm your operation.