This removal guide is for the latest version of FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE). To completely remove FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE), we have done much technical analysis on it. If you want to remove FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE) manually, you need to know the following installation information.
1> Information of FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE) installer:
- Format: DMG
- Size: 1.1 MB
The following is the information about files, folders and processes after FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE) is installed. With this information in hand we can now manually uninstall FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE) completely.
2> Basic information of the app:
- Size: 1.1 MB
3> Add-on software:
4> Process information:
- 4.1 Main process:
- 4.2 Associated process:
Simply dragging FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE) to Trash cannot uninstall it completely to free disk space on Mac OS but leave a lot of remnant files.
How to manually remove FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE) completely?
- 8.1> Start Activity Monitor. Select the process name “FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE)” and hit the “Force Quit” button.
- 8.2> Open Applications folder. Find “FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE)” and drag it to Trash.
- 8.3> Open Finder or Spotlight. Search for FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE) files and folders and delete them.
How to automaticlly remove FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE) ?
- 9.1> Install and Start MacRemover
- 9.2> Launch the MacRemover, highlight the icon of FUSE for OS X (OSXFUSE) and then click “Run Analysis”, which will scan out all the traces of the unwanted application automatically.
- 9.3> Click on the “Complete Uninstall” button and then choose “YES” to confirm your operation.