This removal guide is for the latest version of Skype for Mac. To completely remove Skype, we have done much technical analysis on it. If you want to remove Skype manually, you need to know the following installation information.
1> Information of Skype installer:
- Format: DMG
- Size: 46 MB
The following is the information about files, folders and processes after Skype is installed. With this information in hand we can now manually uninstall Skype completely.
2> Basic information of the app:
- Size: 125 MB
3> Add-on software:
4> Process information:
- 4.1 Main process:
- 4.2 Associated process:
Simply dragging Skype to Trash cannot uninstall it completely to free disk space on Mac OS but leave a lot of remnant files.
How to manually remove Skype completely?
- 8.1> Start Activity Monitor. Select the process name “Skype” and hit the “Force Quit” button.
- 8.2> Open Applications folder. Find “Skype” and drag it to Trash.
- 8.3> Open Finder or Spotlight. Search for Skype files and folders and delete them.
How to automaticlly remove Skype ?
- 9.1> Install and Start MacRemover
- 9.2> Launch the MacRemover, highlight the icon of Skype and then click “Run Analysis”, which will scan out all the traces of the unwanted application automatically.
- 9.3> Click on the “Complete Uninstall” button and then choose “YES” to confirm your operation.