This removal guide is for the latest version of Sophos Home for Mac. To completely remove Sophos Home, we have done much technical analysis on it. If you want to remove Sophos Home manually, you need to know the following installation information.
1> Information of Sophos Home installer:
- Format: ZIP
- Size: 168.4 MB
The following is the information about files, folders and processes after Sophos Home is installed. With this information in hand we can now manually uninstall Sophos Home completely.
2> Basic information of the app:
- Size: 300 MB
3> Add-on software:
- Remove Sophos Home.app
4> Process information:
- 4.1 Main process:
- Sophos Home
- 4.2 Associated process:
- Remove Sophos Anti-Virus
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Sophos Anti-Virus.log
Simply dragging Sophos Home to Trash cannot uninstall it completely to free disk space on Mac OS but leave a lot of remnant files.
How to manually remove Sophos Home completely?
- 8.1> Start Activity Monitor. Select the process name “Sophos Home” and hit the “Force Quit” button.
- 8.2> Open Applications folder. Find “Sophos Home” and drag it to Trash.
- 8.3> Open Finder or Spotlight. Search for Sophos Home files and folders and delete them.
How to automaticlly remove Sophos Home ?
- 9.1> Install and Start MacRemover
- 9.2> Launch the MacRemover, highlight the icon of Sophos Home and then click “Run Analysis”, which will scan out all the traces of the unwanted application automatically.
- 9.3> Click on the “Complete Uninstall” button and then choose “YES” to confirm your operation.