This removal guide is for the latest version of XQuartz for Mac. To completely remove XQuartz, we have done much technical analysis on it. If you want to remove XQuartz manually, you need to know the following installation information.
1> Information of XQuartz installer:
- Format: DMG
- Size: 77.8 MB
The following is the information about files, folders and processes after XQuartz is installed. With this information in hand we can now manually uninstall XQuartz completely.
2> Basic information of the app:
- Size: 185 MB
3> Add-on software:
4> Process information:
- 4.1 Main process:
- 4.2 Associated process:
Simply dragging XQuartz to Trash cannot uninstall it completely to free disk space on Mac OS but leave a lot of remnant files.
How to manually remove XQuartz completely?
- 8.1> Start Activity Monitor. Select the process name XQuartz” and hit the “Force Quit” button.
- 8.2> Open Applications folder. Find XQuartz” and drag it to Trash.
- 8.3> Open Finder or Spotlight. Search for XQuartz files and folders and delete them.
How to automaticlly remove XQuartz ?
- 9.1> Install and Start MacRemover
- 9.2> Launch the MacRemover, highlight the icon of XQuartz and then click “Run Analysis”, which will scan out all the traces of the unwanted application automatically.
- 9.3> Click on the “Complete Uninstall” button and then choose “YES” to confirm your operation.