This removal guide is for the latest version of Parallels Desktop for Mac. To completely remove Parallels Desktop, we have done much technical analysis on it. If you want to remove Parallels Desktop manually, you need to know the following installation information.
1> Information of Parallels Desktop installer:
- Format: DMG
- Size: 376.8 MB
The following is the information about files, folders and processes after Parallels Desktop is installed. With this information in hand we can now manually uninstall Parallels Desktop completely.
2> Basic information of the app:
- Size: 678.7 MB
3> Add-on software:
- Parallels Link.app
- Parallels Mounter.app
- Parallels Service.app
- Parallels VM.app
4> Process information:
- 4.1 Main process:
- Parallels Desktop
- 4.2 Associated process:
- Parallels Link
- Parallels Mounter
- Parallels Service
- Parallels VM
Simply dragging Parallels Desktop to Trash cannot uninstall it completely to free disk space on Mac OS but leave a lot of remnant files.
How to manually remove Parallels Desktop completely?
- 8.1> Start Activity Monitor. Select the process name “Parallels Desktop” and hit the “Force Quit” button.
- 8.2> Open Applications folder. Find “Parallels Desktop” and drag it to Trash.
- 8.3> Open Finder or Spotlight. Search for Parallels Desktop files and folders and delete them.
How to automaticlly remove Parallels Desktop ?
- 9.1> Install and Start MacRemover
- 9.2> Launch the MacRemover, highlight the icon of Parallels Desktop and then click “Run Analysis”, which will scan out all the traces of the unwanted application automatically.
- 9.3> Click on the “Complete Uninstall” button and then choose “YES” to confirm your operation.