This removal guide is for the latest version of Perian for Mac. To completely remove Perian, we have done much technical analysis on it. If you want to remove Perian manually, you need to know the following installation information.
1> Information of Perian installer:
- Format: DMG
- Size: 3.6 MB
The following is the information about files, folders and processes after Perian is installed. With this information in hand we can now manually uninstall Perian completely.
2> Basic information of the app:
- Size: 9.5 MB
3> Add-on software:
4> Process information:
- 4.1 Main process:
- 4.2 Associated process:
Simply dragging Perian to Trash cannot uninstall it completely to free disk space on Mac OS but leave a lot of remnant files.
How to manually remove Perian completely?
- 8.1> Start Activity Monitor. Select the process name “Perian” and hit the “Force Quit” button.
- 8.2> Open Applications folder. Find “Perian” and drag it to Trash.
- 8.3> Open Finder or Spotlight. Search for Perian files and folders and delete them.
How to automaticlly remove Perian ?
- 9.1> Install and Start MacRemover
- 9.2> Launch the MacRemover, highlight the icon of Perian and then click “Run Analysis”, which will scan out all the traces of the unwanted application automatically.
- 9.3> Click on the “Complete Uninstall” button and then choose “YES” to confirm your operation.