This removal guide is for the latest version of ScanGuard for Mac. To completely remove ScanGuard, we have done much technical analysis on it. If you want to remove ScanGuard manually, you need to know the following installation information.
1> Information of ScanGuard installer:
- Format: DMG
- Size: 14 MB
The following is the information about files, folders and processes after ScanGuard is installed. With this information in hand we can now manually uninstall ScanGuard completely.
2> Basic information of the app:
- Size: 39 MB
3> Add-on software:
4> Process information:
- 4.1 Main process:
- 4.2 Associated process:
Simply dragging ScanGuard to Trash cannot uninstall it completely to free disk space on Mac OS but leave a lot of remnant files.
How to manually remove ScanGuard completely?
- 8.1> Start Activity Monitor. Select the process name “ScanGuard” and hit the “Force Quit” button.
- 8.2> Open Applications folder. Find “ScanGuard” and drag it to Trash.
- 8.3> Open Finder or Spotlight. Search for ScanGuard files and folders and delete them.
How to automaticlly remove ScanGuard ?
- 9.1> Install and Start MacRemover
- 9.2> Launch the MacRemover, highlight the icon of ScanGuard and then click “Run Analysis”, which will scan out all the traces of the unwanted application automatically.
- 9.3> Click on the “Complete Uninstall” button and then choose “YES” to confirm your operation.