This removal guide is for the latest version of Disk Drill for Mac. To completely remove Disk Drill, we have done much technical analysis on it. If you want to remove Disk Drill manually, you need to know the following installation information.
1> Information of Disk Drill installer:
- Format: DMG
- Size: 18.4 MB
The following is the information about files, folders and processes after Disk Drill is installed. With this information in hand we can now manually uninstall Disk Drill completely.
2> Basic information of the app:
- Size: 46 MB
3> Add-on software:
4> Process information:
- 4.1 Main process:
- Disk Drill
- 4.2 Associated process:
Simply dragging Disk Drill to Trash cannot uninstall it completely to free disk space on Mac OS but leave a lot of remnant files.
How to manually remove Disk Drill completely?
- 8.1> Start Activity Monitor. Select the process name “Disk Drill” and hit the “Force Quit” button.
- 8.2> Open Applications folder. Find “Disk Drill” and drag it to Trash.
- 8.3> Open Finder or Spotlight. Search for Disk Drill files and folders and delete them.
How to automaticlly remove Disk Drill ?
- 9.1> Install and Start MacRemover
- 9.2> Launch the MacRemover, highlight the icon of Disk Drill and then click “Run Analysis”, which will scan out all the traces of the unwanted application automatically.
- 9.3> Click on the “Complete Uninstall” button and then choose “YES” to confirm your operation.