This is an effective tutorial that helps you learn how to remove Little Snitch on your macOS and Mac OS X. This tutorial contains an automatically removal solution, a manually removal solution and a video is provided which teach you how to remove Little Snitch by MacRemover.
Video: How To Automatically Remove Little Snitch by MacRemover?
Use automatically removal solution to remove Little Snitch in your macOS
1. Download and install MacRemover
2. Switch to Finder and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu.
3. Locate the MacRemover icon and double-click on it.
4. Little Snitch icon will be displayed on the Apps listview of MacRemover, and click on it.
5. Click “Run Analysis”, and then “Complete Uninstall”. Little Snitch will be automatically and completely removed.
Use manually removal solution to remove Little Snitch in your macOS
The steps listed below will guide you in removing Little Snitch:
1. Switch to the Finder and select Go -> Utilities from the Finder menu.
2. Locate the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it.
3. On the main window of Activity Monitor, find the entry for Little Snitch Configuration, LittleSnitch, Little Snitch Agent, Little Snitch Daemon, Little Snitch Network Monitor, Little Snitch Software Update, select them and click Quit Process.
4. Switch to the Finder again and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu. Find the Little Snitch icon, right-click on it and select Move to Trash. if user password is required, enter it.
5.Then, hold an Option key while the Finder’s Go is being selected. Select Library. Locate any folders that are named the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- Little Snitch Installer.log (in Logs folder)
- at.obdev.LittleSnitchInstaller.savedState (in Saved Application State folder)
6. The following files/folders of Little Snitch, you need to use “rm” command to delete on the Terminal or locate them by Finder and drag to Trash.
- Little Snitch
7. Restart your macOS.