This removal guide is for the latest version of VirtualBox for Mac. To completely remove VirtualBox, we have done much technical analysis on it. If you want to remove VirtualBox manually, you need to know the following installation information.
1> Information of VirtualBox installer:
- Format: DMG
- Size: 89.86 MB
The following is the information about files, folders and processes after VirtualBox is installed. With this information in hand we can now manually uninstall VirtualBox completely.
2> Basic information of the app:
- Size: 177.9 MB
3> Add-on software:
4> Process information:
- 4.1 Main process:
- 4.2 Associated process:
Simply dragging VirtualBox to Trash cannot uninstall it completely to free disk space on Mac OS but leave a lot of remnant files.
How to manually remove VirtualBox completely?
- 8.1> Start Activity Monitor. Select the process name “VirtualBox” and hit the “Force Quit” button.
- 8.2> Open Applications folder. Find “VirtualBox” and drag it to Trash.
- 8.3> Open Finder or Spotlight. Search for VirtualBox files and folders and delete them.
How to automaticlly remove VirtualBox ?
- 9.1> Install and Start MacRemover
- 9.2> Launch the MacRemover, highlight the icon of VirtualBox and then click “Run Analysis”, which will scan out all the traces of the unwanted application automatically.
- 9.3> Click on the “Complete Uninstall” button and then choose “YES” to confirm your operation.