This removal guide is for the latest version of VLC media player for Mac. To completely remove VLC media player, we have done much technical analysis on it. If you want to remove VLC media player manually, you need to know the following installation information.
1> Information of VLC media player installer:
- Format: DMG
- Size: 37 MB
The following is the information about files, folders and processes after VLC media player is installed. With this information in hand we can now manually uninstall VLC media player completely.
2> Basic information of the app:
- Size: 124 MB
3> Add-on software:
4> Process information:
- 4.1 Main process:
- VLC media player
- 4.2 Associated process:
Simply dragging VLC media player to Trash cannot uninstall it completely to free disk space on Mac OS but leave a lot of remnant files.
How to manually remove VLC media player completely?
- 8.1> Start Activity Monitor. Select the process name “VLC media player” and hit the “Force Quit” button.
- 8.2> Open Applications folder. Find “VLC media player” and drag it to Trash.
- 8.3> Open Finder or Spotlight. Search for VLC media player files and folders and delete them.
How to automaticlly remove VLC media player ?
- 9.1> Install and Start MacRemover
- 9.2> Launch the MacRemover, highlight the icon of VLC media player and then click “Run Analysis”, which will scan out all the traces of the unwanted application automatically.
- 9.3> Click on the “Complete Uninstall” button and then choose “YES” to confirm your operation.