This is an effective tutorial that helps you learn how to remove SyphonInject on your macOS and Mac OS X. This tutorial contains an automatically removal solution, a manually removal solution and a video is provided which teach you how to remove SyphonInject by MacRemover.
What is it?
SyphonInject is an OSX utility that uses Scripting Additions or mach_inject, mach_override and JRSwizzle to insert a Syphon server into a running process. It’ll only work for applications that are doing OpenGL based rendering.
Note that although the SyphonInject seems like a malware, it is not actually.
Video: How To Automatically Remove SyphonInject by MacRemover?
Use automatically removal solution to remove SyphonInject in your macOS
1. Download and install MacRemover
2. Switch to Finder and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu.
3. Locate the MacRemover icon and double-click on it.
4. SyphonInject icon will be displayed on the Apps listview of MacRemover, and click on it.
5. Click “Run Analysis”, and then “Complete Uninstall”. SyphonInject will be automatically and completely removed.
Use manually removal solution to remove SyphonInject in your macOS
The steps listed below will guide you in removing SyphonInject:
1. Switch to the Finder and select Go -> Utilities from the Finder menu.
2. Locate the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it.
3. On the main window of Activity Monitor, find the entry for SyphonInject, SyphonPayload, CEF Helper, CEF, SyphonPayload select them and click Quit Process.
4. Switch to the Finder again and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu. Find the SyphonInject icon, right-click on it and select Move to Trash. if user password is required, enter it.
5.Then, hold an Option key while the Finder’s Go is being selected. Select Library. Locate any folders that are named the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- zakk.lol.SyphonInject.bom (in receipts folder)
- zakk.lol.SyphonInject.plist (in receipts folder)
6. The following files/folders of SyphonInject, you need to use “rm” command to delete on the Terminal.
7. Restart your macOS.