This is an effective tutorial that helps you learn how to remove genymotion on your macOS and Mac OS X. This tutorial contains an automatically removal solution, a manually removal solution and a video is provided which teach you how to remove genymotion by MacRemover.
What is it?
GenyMotion is one of the most stable Android virtual machines that help in testing and debugging the android apps. The GenyMotion is third-party programs that come with Android virtualization to test the Android mobile apps.
Video: How To Automatically Remove genymotion by MacRemover?
Use automatically removal solution to remove genymotion in your macOS
1. Download and install MacRemover
2. Switch to Finder and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu.
3. Locate the MacRemover icon and double-click on it.
4. genymotion icon will be displayed on the Apps listview of MacRemover, and click on it.
5. Click “Run Analysis”, and then “Complete Uninstall”. genymotion will be automatically and completely removed.
Use manually removal solution to remove genymotion in your macOS
The steps listed below will guide you in removing genymotion:
1. Switch to the Finder and select Go -> Utilities from the Finder menu.
2. Locate the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it.
3. On the main window of Activity Monitor, find the entry for genymotion, genyshell, genyshell.command, genymotionadbtunneld, gmtool, device-upgrade, select them and click Quit Process.
4. Switch to the Finder again and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu. Find the genymotion icon, right-click on it and select Move to Trash. if user password is required, enter it.
5.Then, hold an Option key while the Finder’s Go is being selected. Select Library. Locate any folders that are named the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- com.genymobile.Genymotion.plist (in Preferences folder)
6. The following files/folders of genymotion, you need to use “rm” command to delete on the Terminal.
7. Restart your macOS.