This is an effective tutorial that helps you learn how to remove mySIMBL on your macOS and Mac OS X. This tutorial contains an automatically removal solution, a manually removal solution and a video is provided which teach you how to remove mySIMBL by MacRemover.
What is it?
mySIMBL: It is an open-source plugin manager for macOS. It lets you discover, install and manage plugins to improve the user experience of macOS without the need for manually cloning or copying files.
Video: How To Automatically Remove mySIMBL by MacRemover?
Use automatically removal solution to remove mySIMBL in your macOS
1. Download and install MacRemover
2. Switch to Finder and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu.
3. Locate the MacRemover icon and double-click on it.
4. mySIMBL icon will be displayed on the Apps listview of MacRemover, and click on it.
5. Click “Run Analysis”, and then “Complete Uninstall”. mySIMBL will be automatically and completely removed.
Use manually removal solution to remove mySIMBL in your macOS
The steps listed below will guide you in removing mySIMBL:
1. Switch to the Finder and select Go -> Utilities from the Finder menu.
2. Locate the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it.
3. On the main window of Activity Monitor, find the entry for mySIMBL, Autoupdate, Problem Reporter Sandboxed, Problem Reporter, com.devmate.UpdateInstaller, SIMBL, SIMBLAgent, mySIMBLHelper, select them and click Quit Process.
4. Switch to the Finder again and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu. Find the mySIMBL icon, right-click on it and select Move to Trash. if user password is required, enter it.
5.Then, hold an Option key while the Finder’s Go is being selected. Select Library. Locate any folders that are named the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- org.w0lf.mySIMBL (in cache folder)
- mySIMBL (in Application Support folder)
- SIMBL (in Application Support folder)
- org.w0lf.mySIMBL.plist (in Preferences folder)
- org.w0lf.mySIMBLHelper.plist (in Preferences folder)
6. The following files/folders of mySIMBL, you need to use “rm” command to delete on the Terminal.
7. Restart your macOS.