This is an effective tutorial that helps you learn how to remove TomTom MyDrive Connect on your macOS and Mac OS X. This tutorial contains an automatically removal solution, a manually removal solution and a video is provided which teach you how to remove TomTom MyDrive Connect by MacRemover.
What is it?
TomTom MyDrive Connect is our free support application that helps you to manage your content and services on your TomTom navigation device.
Video: How To Automatically Remove TomTom MyDrive Connect by MacRemover?
Use automatically removal solution to remove TomTom MyDrive Connect in your macOS
1. Download and install MacRemover
2. Switch to Finder and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu.
3. Locate the MacRemover icon and double-click on it.
4. TomTom MyDrive Connect icon will be displayed on the Apps listview of MacRemover, and click on it.
5. Click “Run Analysis”, and then “Complete Uninstall”. TomTom MyDrive Connect will be automatically and completely removed.
Use manually removal solution to remove TomTom MyDrive Connect in your macOS
The steps listed below will guide you in removing TomTom MyDrive Connect:
1. Switch to the Finder and select Go -> Utilities from the Finder menu.
2. Locate the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it.
3. On the main window of Activity Monitor, find the entry for TomTom MyDrive Connect, QtWebEngineProcess, TomTomNetworkReporter, MyDriveConnectUpdater, TomTomMyDriveConnectHelper, select them and click Quit Process.
4. Switch to the Finder again and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu. Find the TomTom MyDrive Connect icon, right-click on it and select Move to Trash. if user password is required, enter it.
5.Then, hold an Option key while the Finder’s Go is being selected. Select Library. Locate any folders that are named the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- TomTom (in Application Support folder)
- MyDrive Connect (in Caches folder)
- com.barebones.TomTom MyDrive Connect.plist (in Preferences folder)
6. The following files/folders of TomTom MyDrive Connect, you need to use “rm” command to delete on the Terminal.
7. Restart your macOS.