This is an effective tutorial that helps you learn how to remove EyeTV on your macOS and Mac OS X. This tutorial contains an automatically removal solution, a manually removal solution and a video is provided which teach you how to remove EyeTV by MacRemover.
What is it?
Elgato is best known for a line of video-recording products called EyeTV, which record video from over-the-air antennas, satellite TV, or mobile devices. The first EyeTV product was introduced in November 2002.
Video: How To Automatically Remove EyeTV by MacRemover?
Use automatically removal solution to remove EyeTV in your macOS
1. Download and install MacRemover
2. Switch to Finder and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu.
3. Locate the MacRemover icon and double-click on it.
4. EyeTV icon will be displayed on the Apps listview of MacRemover, and click on it.
5. Click “Run Analysis”, and then “Complete Uninstall”. EyeTV will be automatically and completely removed.
Use manually removal solution to remove EyeTV in your macOS
The steps listed below will guide you in removing EyeTV:
1. Switch to the Finder and select Go -> Utilities from the Finder menu.
2. Locate the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it.
3. On the main window of Activity Monitor, find the entry for EyeTV, Elgato HTTP Streaming Kit, EyeTV MPEG Support, EyeTVSpotlightImporter, EyeConnect, EyeTVPlugin, EyeTV Helper, QuickLookEyeTV select them and click Quit Process.
4. Switch to the Finder again and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu. Find the EyeTV icon, right-click on it and select Move to Trash. if user password is required, enter it.
5.Then, hold an Option key while the Finder’s Go is being selected. Select Library. Locate any folders that are named the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- com.elgato.eyetv.plist (in Preferences folder)
- EyeTV Archive (in Documents folder)
6. The following files/folders of EyeTV, you need to use “rm” command to delete on the Terminal.
7. Restart your macOS.