This is an effective tutorial that helps you learn how to remove McAfee Endpoint Security on your macOS and Mac OS X. This tutorial contains an automatically removal solution, a manually removal solution and a video is provided which teach you how to remove McAfee Endpoint Security by MacRemover.
What is it?
McAfee Endpoint Security is a free security upgrade that simplifies management and leverages machine learning and application containment to halt threats in their tracks.
Video: How To Automatically Remove McAfee Endpoint Security by MacRemover?
Use automatically removal solution to remove McAfee Endpoint Security in your macOS
1. Download and install MacRemover
2. Switch to Finder and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu.
3. Locate the MacRemover icon and double-click on it.
4. McAfee Endpoint Security icon will be displayed on the Apps listview of MacRemover, and click on it.
5. Click “Run Analysis”, and then “Complete Uninstall”. McAfee Endpoint Security will be automatically and completely removed.
Use manually removal solution to remove McAfee Endpoint Security in your macOS
The steps listed below will guide you in removing McAfee Endpoint Security:
1. Switch to the Finder and select Go -> Utilities from the Finder menu.
2. Locate the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it.
3. On the main window of Activity Monitor, find the entry for McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac, AVKext, McAfee Endpoint Security MPEG Support, FMPSysCore, FileCore, mfeaac, McAfee Agent Status Monitor, McAfee Reporter, McAfeeSafariHost, McAfeeSafariWCExt, MAStatusMonitorHelper, AntimalwarePlugin select them and click Quit Process.
4. Switch to the Finder again and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu. Find the McAfee Endpoint Security icon, right-click on it and select Move to Trash. if user password is required, enter it.
5.Then, hold an Option key while the Finder’s Go is being selected. Select Library. Locate any folders that are named the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- McAfee (in application Support folder)
6. The following files/folders of McAfee Endpoint Security, you need to use “rm” command to delete on the Terminal.
7. Restart your macOS.