This is an effective tutorial that helps you learn how to remove iStat Menus on your macOS and Mac OS X. This tutorial contains an automatically removal solution, a manually removal solution and a video is provided which teach you how to remove iStat Menus by MacRemover.
What is it?
iStat Menus can notify you of an incredibly wide range of events, based on CPU, GPU, memory, disks, network, sensors, battery, power and weather.
Video: How To Automatically Remove iStat Menus by MacRemover?
Use automatically removal solution to remove iStat Menus in your macOS
1. Download and install MacRemover
2. Switch to Finder and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu.
3. Locate the MacRemover icon and double-click on it.
4. iStat Menus icon will be displayed on the Apps listview of MacRemover, and click on it.
5. Click “Run Analysis”, and then “Complete Uninstall”. iStat Menus will be automatically and completely removed.
Use manually removal solution to remove iStat Menus in your macOS
The steps listed below will guide you in removing iStat Menus:
1. Switch to the Finder and select Go -> Utilities from the Finder menu.
2. Locate the Activity Monitor icon and double-click on it.
3. On the main window of Activity Monitor, find the entry for iStat Menus, iStat Menus Widget, iStat Menus Updater, iStat Menus Status, iStatMenusAgent select them and click Quit Process.
4. Switch to the Finder again and select Go -> Applications from the Finder menu. Find the iStat Menus icon, right-click on it and select Move to Trash. if user password is required, enter it.
5.Then, hold an Option key while the Finder’s Go is being selected. Select Library. Locate any folders that are named the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- iStat Menus (in Application Support folder)
- om.bjango.istatmenus (in Caches folder)
- iStat Menus iStat Menus (in Log folder)
- com.bjango.istatmenus.plist (in Preferences folder)
- com.bjango.istatmenus6.extras.plist (in Preferences folder)
6. The following files/folders of iStat Menus, you need to use “rm” command to delete on the Terminal.
- iStat Menus *
7. Restart your macOS.